The Montana Federation of Public Employees (MFPE) seeks a qualified individual to fill the position of Political Director, based in Helena. Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree and experience and/or formal training in fields related to job description.
Successful applicant should have demonstrated expertise in political organizing including campaign management and/or planning, data management, and voter outreach. Applicant must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present to large audiences.
The position is responsible for developing and implementing state and local political and legislative engagement programs for our statewide union of members employed in all aspects of public service and education.
This is a professional staff position, responsible to the MFPE executive director. Starting salary of $79,998 with excellent benefits including retirement, employer provided health insurance, and 20 days paid vacation. Considerable in-state travel and some out-of-state travel is involved. MFPE is a tobacco-free workplace and equal opportunity employer. Application is by letter and resume, detailing relevant experience and education to Erik Burke, MFPE Executive Director, 1232 E. Sixth Ave., Helena MT 59601, or by e-mail to [email protected]. Position open until filled. Call 406-442-4250 for more information. A complete job description is below.
MFPE Political Director
Position Summary: The position is responsible for development and implementation of MFPE programs and policies in the areas of political education. This is a professional staff position, responsible to the MFPE executive director. Some travel and the ability to work from Helena during regular sessions, special sessions, and interim committee meetings of the Montana legislature is required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Experience and/or formal training in fields related to job description. Computer literacy. Valid driver’s license.
Duties and Responsibilities: The political director shall
1. Develop, coordinate, and implement all MFPE political education and action efforts, including implementation of the MFPE political action program.
2. Assist the communications director with all publications and communications efforts.
3. Assist the public policy director with the legislative session and other government relations efforts.
4. Serve as liaison to NEA and AFT for related national programs.
5. Provide back-up support for other program and field staff as needed.
6. Assist governance leaders as necessary and appropriate.
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.