The Montana Federation of Public Employees (MFPE) seeks a qualified individual to fill the position of Field Office Administrative Assistant, based in Helena. Qualifications include a high school degree and experience and/or formal training in fields related to job description. Successful applicant should have expertise in broad range of office administrative skills including office management and organization, computer literacy, office software (word processing, database, and spreadsheets), and communications (phone, e-mail, and written).
The position is responsible for providing administrative assistance and support to MFPE field staff and assisting the statewide efforts of MFPE, a union representing members employed in all aspects of public service and education.
This is an associate staff position, responsible to the MFPE executive director. Excellent salary and benefits. Some in-state travel is involved. MFPE is a tobacco-free workplace. Application is by letter and resume, detailing relevant experience and education, to Erik Burke, MFPE Executive Director, 1232 E. Sixth Ave., Helena MT 59601, or by e-mail to [email protected]. Position to remain open until filled. Call 406-442-4250 for more information. A complete job description is below.
MFPE Field Office Administrative Assistant – Helena
Position Summary: The field office administrative assistant provides support to field consultants, state and local governance, and members of MFPE. This is an associate staff position, based in the MFPE field offices and responsible to the MFPE executive director.
Qualifications: High school graduate. Experience and/or formal training in fields related to job description. Computer literacy.
Duties and Responsibilities The field office administrative assistant will carry out various office, program, and administrative procedures involving office support activities, including:
1. Maintain knowledge of MFPE issues, mission, and programs.
2. Maintain current operating knowledge of computer systems and software programs in use by MFPE.
3. Complete routine and special projects.
4. Assist with office communications, including maintain the phone messaging system; answer and route incoming calls and relay messages; open and distribute incoming mail; process and deliver outgoing mail; maintain e-mail addresses and retrieve messages,
5. Review and edit text drafts, and assist with preparation and distribution of program materials.
6. Provide assistance and perform detailed planning and implementation tasks associated with various meetings and conferences.
7. Maintain filing and recording keeping systems, including petty cash.
8. Maintain schedules and make travel arrangements.
9. Maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies, and purchase supplies.
10. Maintain and support data-based programs.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.