The Montana Federation of Public Employees (MFPE) seeks a qualified individual to fill the position of Field Consultant, based in Billings. Successful applicant should possess experience and/or formal training in fields related to job description, including contract arbitration, bargaining, and labor relations.
The position is responsible for organizational development, membership promotion, and representation of MFPE members at the local level. This includes providing support, training, and assistance to local organizations, for organizing new units, and for implementing MFPE policies and programs.
MFPE is a statewide union representing 23,000 members employed in all aspects of public service and education.
Excellent salary and benefits. Considerable in-state travel and some out-of-state travel is required. MFPE is a tobacco-free workplace.
Application is by letter and resume, detailing relevant experience and education, % Erik Burke, MFPE Executive Director, 1232 E. Sixth Ave., Helena MT 59601, or by e-mail to [email protected].
Position will remain open, until filled. Call 406-442-4250 for more information. A complete job description is below.
MFPE Field Consultant (UniServ) – Billings
Responsible to: MFPE Executive Director
Position Summary: The Field Consultant is responsible for providing support, training, and
assistance to local organizations, for organizing new units, and for implementing MFPE
policies and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Field Consultant
1. Promotes and facilitates implementation of and adherence to MFPE programs and policies.
2. Assists and advises local organizations in all areas of organizational concern.
3. Initiates, plans and/or conducts organizational development, membership promotion and training programs for local organization leaders and members. Provides support for local organization negotiations and contract enforcement.
4. Organizes new bargaining units and local organizations.
5. Exercises responsibility for efficient operation of the area office.
6. Gathers, organizes and transmits to MFPE data necessary to maintain and implement MFPE program and policies.
7. Initiates, investigates and makes recommendations on legal and other support to local organizations or individual members. Acts as an agent of MFPE-retained legal counsel under the direction and control of counsel where necessary and appropriate.
8. Assists governance leaders as necessary and appropriate.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.